McDonald's awards two Gulf Coast students with band scholarships | Events
Ocean Springs High School student Adrienne Cocco and Gulfport High School student William Pettey may not play the same instrument, but the two each won band scholarships from the Coast McDonald's Saturday.
Cocco, who plays the trumpet and Pettey, who plays the French horn both attended the 44th Annual Band Directors Clinic held at the Biloxi Junior High School Fine Arts Auditorium, where they were awarded $1,000 scholarships each.
The McDonald's band scholarships are awarded annually by the Mississippi Gulf Coast McDonald's owners/operators.
The schools that Cocco and Pettey attend were also awarded $1,000 each to go towards the band program.
The judges for this year’s scholarship competition were Artie Adams, Terry Ingram and Archie Rawls.
Top Biloxi Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WLOX Editorial: Newly elected leaders your election is not an authorization do as you please
- MS State Department of Health receives high score for swift response in public health emergency
- WLOX Editorial: Have a driving plan
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- Beach bonfire pits removed after cracking under heat pressure
- $5,000 drawdown held Friday, June 28 for Gulfport firefighter battling brain cancer
- Film crew, Burt Reynolds shoot scenes at a Gulfport home
- Jamaican lottery scam investigation leads to Gulfport
- Stolen truck discovered on Canal Road in Gulfport