Gulfport caregiver charged with exploitation of vulnerable adult | Crime
A Gulfport woman faces a charge of exploitation of a vulnerable adult after she allegedly used the victim's credit card to purchase merchandise.
Forty-three-year-old Aretha D. Dillon of the 300 block of 32nd Street Gulfport was arrested Saturday, according to Biloxi police Sgt. Donnie G. Dobbs.
Dillon was reportedly working as the victim's caregiver when she allegedly used the quadriplegic's credit card. Dobbs said she purchased $645.80 worth of merchandise on the victim's card for her own personal use.
She was arrested and transported to the Harrison County Adult Detention Center. Judge Bruce Strong set her bond at $10,000.
If convicted, Dillon faces up to 10 years in prison.
Top Biloxi Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000